n., pl., -gies.
- The science that deals with mental processes and behavior.
- The emotional and behavioral characteristics of an individual, group, or activity: the psychology of war.
adj., -li·er, -li·est.
- Displeasing to the eye; unsightly.
- Repulsive or offensive; objectionable: an ugly remark.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. Rude: Don’t be ugly with me.
- New England. Unmanageable. Used of animals, especially cows or horses
Something interesting about ugly is that you will be more harsh on yourself than you would be with someone else. Your friend might have a mark on their face, and it’s their thing. If you had the same mark on your face, it’s the worse thing ever.
You can think you’re ugly at one point and then not on another.
But the thing is you’re probably not as ugly as you think. According to Psychology Today, we all have the innate ability to change the way that people think about us. Your self-perception of your hotness will transfer to the people that you’re with.