I text alot. I have had friends tell me that I text them more than anyone else that they know, but no matter how much you think I text, there’s someone that’s going to be more Textually Promiscuous than I.
tr.v.text·ed, text·ing, texts
1. To send a text message to: She texted me when she arrived.
2. To communicate by text message: He texted that he would be late.
1. Having casual sexual relations frequently with different partners; indiscriminate in the choice of sexual partners.
2. Lacking standards of selection; indiscriminate.
3. Casual; random.
4. Consisting of diverse, unrelated parts or individuals; confused: “Throngs promiscuous strew the level green”(Alexander Pope).
I have friends that will text their friends – no matter what time zone their friend is in. They could be in the middle of sleep – 3 am – and they’ll text them. I have a buddy in Hong Kong (Shout out Mike Rose), and I always have to do the math to figure out whether he’s up or not. I’m so textually promiscuous that I need to send them texts no matter what.
The worse kind though is when I send a text to someone without much context. I just get so excited about saying something that I don’t think through the text well enough. That’s the worse kind of promiscuity I think.