1. Substance; weightiness: a frivolous biography that lacks the gravitas of its subject.
2. A serious or dignified demeanor: “Our national father figure needs gravitas, [but] he’s pitched himself as the kid brother” (John Leo).
[Latin gravits, heaviness, seriousness; see gravity.]
1. The act of affirming or the state of being affirmed; assertion.
2. Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment.
3. Law A solemn declaration given in place of a sworn statement by a person who conscientiously objects to taking an oath.
Affirmation can set you on a trajectory to reach heights that you would have never thought you could reach.
The better the quality and maybe even the quantity of affirmation – the better the trajectory. The right words from the right person can make all the difference.
The right words from an influential person – even better. The right words from a person that has world class influence – even better still. The right words from a person that’s the best in the world at what they do telling you that you can do well if you do it – immeasurable.
So the lesson:
1. Seek our affirmation – but the weighty, serious, and/or dignified kind.
2. Be world class or even the best in the world at something.
3. Affirm someone and they too might look at you and say that it was immeasurable.
5 thoughts on “The Gravitas of Affirmation”
Thank you very much for the attention. This is cool.
As I stated earlier this week, I appreciate your honesty and intensity. I am nominating you for the 7 X 7 Link Awards. Please see more at http://influenceversuscontrol.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/gratitude-4-the-7-x-7-link-award/
Can you tell me more about this? This is pretty cool and thank you for it. I’ve never heard of this before. I’ll keep an eye on it.
And now, the rules for the 7 X 7 Link Award
Give thanks and acknowledgements to the blogger who nominated you for this award
List 7 of your previous links in the following categories. Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Beautiful Piece, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Pride Worthy)
List 7 things about yourself.
Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award.