I heard that line and connected with it. There were some initial thoughts that came to mind when I first heard it.
– No matter what neighborhood you live in, you’re still to love your neighbor.
– That means I have to know my neighbor.
– I need to also know my neighborhood.
– Sometimes, loving your neighbor is not easy.
– This doesn’t mean that I should leave my neighborhood.
I’m convicted about not knowing who my neighbors are. Can I love them without knowing them? Probably not.
It also makes me think about all the things that I can do to find myself in a better neighborhood, but why don’t I just naturally and initially think about just loving them. Clearly, I got a ways to go on this.
What do you think? Are you in the right neighborhood?